Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gain a child...lose a child

We have a new son! Sort of. Meet Samuel.



On Thursday the Chizzlwicks became proud sponsors of Mr. Samuel De Andrade Lima through an organization called Compassion International. Compassion will ensure Samuel gets an education, health care and other necessities most of us take for granted...and they will do it all in the name of our great Savior.

On a heavier note... on Friday we learned that Mandy miscarried and we lost our second child. We are saddened by this turn of events but find comfort in our Lord.

He gives and takes away, Blessed be His name!

4 comments:

Jason and Vanessa said...

friends. we love you guys and mourn with you. this has been hard for me knowing what this feels like. i had to write some thoughts on it:

http://goodtimesdelgadostyle.blogspot.com/2009/02/flash-back-friday-sonogram-bad-news.html

please let us know if you guys need anything. praying for you.

Soli Deo Gloria!

jason d.

The Murphy's said...

Chizzelwicks,

We love you and stand with you!

The Murphys

The Sappingtons said...

we too love you guys very dearly. we're here for you to comfort, support, pray with/for, and do whatever you guys need.

Anonymous said...

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.

He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.

....One thing God has spoken,
two things have I heard:
that you, O God, are strong,
and that you, O Lord, are loving....

-Psalm 62: 5-8 and 11-12a